Friday, October 14, 2011

donnelly news

Next edition: Oct 15th-21st Welcome to another version of the Donnelly news. I am still busy moving and getting things set up in my new house and catching up on some other jobs so have not had a lot of spare time to devote to this job. Weather news; there have been a few days with some rain showers during the past week but for the most part it has been sunny and warm. Farmers are busy picking corn; given the forecast I suspect most will be done in about a week or so. I understand that the corn is very dry when I talked to my neighbor on Sat he said they were hauling corn to town at 14%. I do understand that the bean harvest was only fair. .Correction: Mary Schultz has been hired to replace Peggy Wilke as Postmaster replacement not as postmaster STJ/KONG PARISH News: the confirmation servant event of collecting clothes for churches united in Morehead will continue until Oct 29th. They are accepting clothing, towels sheets and blankets (do not need to be new) as well as new personal care items. They are also collecting non -perishable food items and financial donations for the Salvation Army. You may drop your items off at the parish office labeled for them. GSLC news: Oct 16th is new member Sun. The good Sam home auxiliary in Hoffman will have a bake and craft sale on Oct 20th from 2-4 pm. At 4 pm will be amazing Mark vaudeville and magic show The red Hats will have a pie day at Denny’s in Herman on Oct 17th at 1:30 Dutch treat The Morris area school board will meet at the Donnelly Hall on Oct 19th at 7 pm I have five death notices this week: Former Donnelly area residents, Milo Prindle of Herman passed away on Sept 29th his funeral was held on Oct 8th, Don Huebner of Morris passed away on Oct 7th, William Braun of Morris passed away on Oct 8th, Irene Kill of Morris passed away on Oct 11th her funeral is today (sat) at Assumption in Morris. John (Jack) Kleinhans of Donnelly passed away on Oct 10th. Les Cin and I were among those who attended Don’s funeral at First Lutheran on Oct 11th in the eve Howard Hennen and I were among those who attended the visitation for Bill Braun at the funeral home Hudson Allen Lupkes was born on August 16, 2011 at Fairview Northland Hospital, Princeton, to Dr. Jason and Jessie Lupkes. Grandparents are Ralph and Diane Lupkes of Wheaton and Nick and Sandy Kill of Morris. Great-grandparents are Barb and Don Rilley of Chokio and Kermit and Karen Stahn of Morris. Great-great-grandmother is Marlys Alm of Morris. Jim and Lou Eystad and I attended the baptismal service for James Dean Koehl at GSLC on Oct 8th. His grandmother Janet Hacker was one of my Dad’s home help aides for several years. In the eve I attended the Thrivent financial for Lutherans event at Faith Lutheran The Donnelly community club had their last meeting of the year on Oct 10th the next meeting will be the annual one usually held in mid- Feb. It was another successful year for the club and the threshing bee. The pictures of the past queens that were posted in the depot last year are missing if anybody has them or knows what happened to them please let us know. Lou Kopel informs me that some members of the late Fred smith family were in the area last week visiting friends and family members and spent some at the Eddie Kopel farm on Sun. Since I still have a lot of stuff to get rid of I have decided to have another moving sale today (Sat) all day see the ad in today’s papers for details. I also plan to be at the farm on Mon and Tue afternoons to sell stuff; I have added a few things since last week In case you missed my new contact info in last week’s paper or forgot to write it down it is: Allen Anderson, 11 E 9th St., Morris MN 56267; phone 585-6435 and e-mail address aeanders @fedtel.net I am still dividing my time between the farm and my house in Morris so call my cell at 288-8692 if you need to reach me

No comments:

Post a Comment