Friday, November 19, 2010

donnelly news

Next edition Nov 20th-26th.
Welcome to another edition of the Donnelly news. Since this is thanksgiving week I want to say a huge thank you to all my loyal readers for making this column such a success. It has been very gratifying to hear how much you all enjoy reading it.

Due to the thanksgiving holiday I have an early deadline next wk. so will any news by Tuesday eve and will check my boxes on Mon aft.

Due to some cell phone problems I now have a new cell# 320-288-8692

Weather news: the weather has been cloudy and cool during the last week with a few snow flurries thankfully we did not get the snow some other areas did. Farm work is pretty much done for the year around here.
STJ/KONG PARISH NEWS: due to the fall festival On Nov 21st services at Kong will be 8:30 a.m. and St J at 11 a.m.
The fall festival will be held at Kong on Nov 21st from 11 am -1 pm at Kong. New on the menu this year is pork chops. Tickets will be available at the door. For more details see the ad in this week’s paper.

Parish bible study “I wonder as I wander” will be held on Dec 1st and 9th. Studies will be at St J from 10:30 am -11:30 am and at Kong from 7-8 pm.

Thanksgiving eve services will be held at St J at 7pm on Nov 24th.

Advent decorating at St J on Nov 26th at 1 pm

I need to clarify an item from last week. Mason Tomma infant son of Joha Tomma and Andrea Bergstrom was baptized at Kong on Nov 6th
at Kong along with his dad Joha.

Correction: Dellia ruff wrote the Donnelly news for 50+ years

Community thanksgiving dinners will be served at the assumption catholic church in Morris from 11 am – 1 pm and at the UM church in Herman from noon to 1 pm on Nov 25th

June Holck of Paulina, IA passed away recently. Among her survivors is her sister Marlys Alm of Morris formerly of Donnelly.

As you are getting your Christmas trees and decorations out of storage please remember the 2nd annual holidazzle trim a tree event will be held on Dec 4 & 5th at the Donnelly hall. The deadline to enter a tree is Nov 28th. Trees of all kinds are welcome and you can decorate them however you wish. There were a lot of great ones last yr.

Congratulations to the Hancock VB team who recently won the sub section vb tournament. Tara Flatten (Jeff and Christine) is a member of that team.

Enroute home from Morris on Nov 8th I visited my aunt Pearl A. Anderson in Donnelly.

Jim and Lou Eystad attended the funeral for her aunt Millia LeSage at Faith Lutheran in Morris on Nov 11th

Jim and Lou Eystad and I attended the good shepherd Lutheran church worship services in Morris on Nov 14th. It was announced that the church now has a website (gslcmorris.com) and is also on Facebook. In the aft Pat Smith and I attended the Hanning family concert at the Herman UM church. After the concert I visited Selma Burse at her apt in Herman.

The Donnelly community club held their last meeting of the year on Nov 15th. We discussed ideas for future bee’s and other events. Santa will stop in Donnelly on Dec 11th. After the meeting I visited with Jim and Lou Eystad at their house. Earlier in the day I visited my cousin Bev Hurlbult at Legacy Living.

Nov 17th Elaine Harstad and I attended Bible study at st J. In the aft I visited Verna Rinkenberger at the sky view courts in Morris. She recently became great- great grandma. Enroute home I stopped at the site of good shepherd Lutheran church to look at the progress out there. They are busy working on the foundation for the fellowship hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment