Saturday, December 24, 2011

donnelly news

Next edition Dec 24th-dec 30th Welcome to another addition of the Donnelly news remember if you are going to be gone for the holidays or the winter you can keep up on the Donnelly news via my blog donnellyminn.blogspot.com Weather news: It appears we are going to have a “brown” Christmas this year as temps have remained fairly mild during the past week St J/Kong parish news: Christmas Eve services will be held at St J at 9 pm today (sat) and Christmas day services at Kong at 10 a.m. there will also be joint services on Jan 1st at 10 am at St J GSLC News: There will be Christmas Eve services today (Sat) at 4 pm and Christmas day at 9 am at the church First Lutheran will have services at 3:30, 5:30 and 11:00 pm today (Sat) and Christmas day at 9 am Faith Lutheran will have their living naivety services at 3 and 5 pm today (sat) Assumption will have services at 3 and 5:30 pm and at 10:30 am Christmas day The Morris e Free Church will have services today at 4 pm I have just taken time to list a few of the many churches in the area that will have services this weekend please check with your local church for service times There will be a community dinner at first Lutheran on Dec 25th beginning at noon, everyone welcome free will donation UFMSB will be closed on Dec 26th close at noon on the 30th and be closed all day on the 2nd. The Donnelly co-op will be closed on Dec 26th and Jan 2nd I did not get time to check on what other business will be doing this weekend and next. I have learned that there will be no funeral services for Elder Carol Best just a private burial service for the family. Margaret C.”Margie" Wagner, 92, of Kansas City, KS, formerly of the Donnelly area passed away Monday, December 19, 2011. She was preceded in death by her brothers’ don and Les Huebner Congratulations to the new officers of the rendsville 4-h Rebekah Aanerud president, Jacob Speer VP, savannah Aanerud sec and Shannon kill reporter Congratulations to Cork Loge who was recognized for 25 years of service at Morris elementary school Congratulations to Chandler Erickson; who was named to the west central tribune’s, all area third fb team. He and Brady Bahr were also members of the Morris bb team that won the case ih innovational tournament held in Benson last weekend. Congratulations to the Hancock Owl vb team that won the pheasant conf title, Tara Flatten is a member of that team and was named honorable mention on the all conf title. On Dec 15th I attended the open houses at the UMFSB and Riverwood bank and on the 16th at Bremer bank. On Dec 15th the ss co gen soc. had an informal meeting to reminisce some about our former member Jean Peterson. After the meeting I traveled to Elbow Lake to see the cp holiday train and took in some of the open houses afterwards. En route I stopped by the Barrett Care center to visit my cousin Bev Hurbult. I also stopped by the funeral home for Jean’s visitation. Jerry and Joan Kopeck and I were among those who attended her funeral at Assumption on the 16th. Every so often when I am downtown I stop into McCollar Jewelry to visit with Wally. When I did that on the 17th he told me that Jim Whineries the former owner of the corner cafĂ© in Donnelly had stopped by for a visit, his daughter has a restaurant in the cities and is very busy. A good crowd of family members and others attended the ss program at St J on Dec 18th. En route to a business meeting in Elbow Lake on Dec 21st I stopped at the Barrett care center to wish my cousin Bev Hurlbut and Esther Cline “Merry Christmas” I promised Esther I would say “hi” to all her friends in Donnelly. In the eve Jim and Lou Eystad and I attended the supper and ss program at gslc, “Hats off” to the gslc teachers and staff; for putting together a great ss program For those of you who forgot to copy my new contact info down or misplaced it is 11 e 9th St. Morris MN 56267 585-6435 aeanders@fedtel.net. If you so stop by please ring the doorbell on the west door, that one will ring back in my office. I cannot say stop by for a cup of coffee because I am not a coffee drinker MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ME AND MY “FAMILY” TO YOU AND YORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment